Feeling blue? Not after you see what we have in store for you! Blue bridesmaid dresses are arguably the most drastically versatile color options available. Depending on your choice of hues, tints, shades, fabrics, and silhouettes, you can achieve dramatically different results.
Blue is natural and embodies a huge range of emotional ties. Blue bridesmaid dresses can accommodate the entire gamut of themes, seasons, and styles. They can also accommodate every type of woman that’s in your bridal party. It’s also extremely easy to match accessories, flowers, and secondary colors.
With a few small choices, blue can be regal, ice princess, exciting, elegant, sexy, romantic, and so much more.
In short, we love blue! We’re going to show you why you should love it too. Read on to discover the breadth that blue color bridesmaid has to offer and our advice on when it’s best to choose particular options. You will quickly discover why bridesmaids have been choosing blue for decades and finding new ways to make it unique.
Brides Often Ask
How To Find The Right Color For Skin Tones?
Light Skin Tones:
- Soft Pastel Blues: Fair-skinned bridesmaids can rock light pastel blues, such as powder blue or baby blue, to create a delicate and ethereal look.
- Cool-Toned Blues: Opt for blue shades with cool undertones, like icy blue or periwinkle, which beautifully complement fair skin without overpowering it.
- Avoiding Overly Dark Blues: Steer clear of deep navy or very dark blues, as they might create too much contrast against fair skin.
Medium Skin Tones:
- Jewel Tones: Embrace rich jewel-toned blues like sapphire, cobalt, or royal blue to add vibrancy and depth to medium skin tones.
- Teal and Turquoise: Shades like teal or turquoise offer a perfect balance for medium skin, adding a pop of color that beautifully complements the skin’s undertones.
- Warm Metallic Blues: Consider dresses with warm metallic accents, like gold or bronze sequins on blue fabric, for a stunning and flattering combination.
Darker Skin Tones:
- Vibrant Royal Blue: Dark-skinned bridesmaids can rock bold and vibrant royal blue, which contrasts beautifully against their skin tone, creating a striking and regal appearance.
- Electric Blue: Embrace electric blue shades to make a bold statement, as the bright hue complements darker skin tones with its captivating intensity.
- Jewel-Toned Blues: Deep jewel-toned blues like indigo or emerald provide a sophisticated and rich look that enhances the natural radiance of darker skin.
How To Choose A Dress For Different Wedding Themes?
Beach or Destination Weddings:
- Light and Flowy Fabrics: Choose blue bridesmaid dresses made from lightweight and breathable materials like chiffon or organza, perfect for beach or outdoor ceremonies.
- Ocean-Inspired Hues: Opt for shades of blue that evoke the beauty of the sea, such as aqua, turquoise, or sky blue, to complement the beach setting.
- Minimalist Accessories: Embrace the relaxed vibe with simple accessories like shell or pearl jewelry, beachy sandals, and loose, natural hairstyles.
Rustic or Vintage Themes:
- Soft and Romantic Blues: Select blue dresses in gentle, muted tones like dusty blue, lavender blue, or antique blue that blend seamlessly with rustic or vintage decor.
- Lace and Vintage Details: Look for dresses with lace accents, delicate embroidery, or subtle ruffles that add a touch of vintage charm.
- Earthy Accessories: Complete the look with natural elements like floral crowns, rustic bouquets, and vintage-inspired jewelry to enhance the theme.
Formal or Black-Tie Weddings:
- Rich and Deep Blues: Opt for darker shades of blue like navy, midnight blue, or royal blue for an elegant and formal look suitable for black-tie events.
- Luxurious Fabrics: Choose dresses made from luxurious materials such as satin, silk, or velvet that exude sophistication and class.
- Glamorous Accessories: Elevate the ensemble with statement jewelry, elegant heels, and sleek updo hairstyles to complement the formal atmosphere.
Light Blue Gowns For Bridesmaids
Ice princess in the winter, innocently fun in the summer. Whatever your wedding plans are, light blue bridesmaid dresses have a little to offer for everyone. Light blue is a fairly modern choice, so if you are looking to set new trends you’ve found your winner.
Sky Blue Bridesmaid Gowns
Sky blue bridesmaid dresses are a classic choice. As these samples display, bright blue is the option you need if you want your squad to carry the appearance of classic Greek or Pagan goddesses. You can dress this up or play it casual with the right accessories, making it ideal for a wide variety of wedding types.
Slate Blue Color Gowns For Your Girls
Slate blue has become a favorite among many bridesmaids for many reasons. It is so versatile that it can fit into almost any color palette and it flatters every skin tone. This color choice delivers a sense of confidence and dignity to all who wear it. Slate blue bridesmaid dresses are exceptionally gorgeous next to the natural beauty of the outdoors.
Pale Blue Bridesmaid Gowns
The pale blue bridesmaid dresses are a match made in heaven for brides who love to mix and match. This color is strong enough to stand on its own. However, it’s also very sociable with any other color and texture you want to add to the mix.
Navy Blue Gowns For Bridesmaids
To warm up your winter wedding, choose one of these spicy navy blue bridesmaid dresses. This darker variation of the blue spectrum certainly does wonders in the cooler months and performs equally well in the spring and summer. Pair this with gemstones and metals like bronze and silver for an ultra-chic appeal
Dusty Blue Bridesmaid Dresses
Dusty blue bridesmaid dresses are a popular choice for weddings as they provide a soft and romantic look. With their muted tones, they can complement a variety of wedding themes and color schemes. From flowy chiffon gowns to elegant satin dresses, there are plenty of options available for bridesmaids.
What color do you like the most?
Vote to see results